WHAT TO EXPECT
Upon entering Sophia Collective, you will be greeted by a friendly face who will welcome and check you in. You will be shown to the spa room and instructed on the recommended procedures for infrared therapy, the correct use of the entertainment options, cooling functions, bathroom and shower.
Our spa room features a spacious three-person infrared sauna and guest selectable chromotherapy lighting. You will be given access to the spa room 15 minutes prior to and after your session. This allows ample time to disrobe, relax and enjoy the infrared therapy, shower and redress.
Our goal is to make your time at Sophia Collective as relaxing as possible so that your body can be fully receptive to all the healing benefits that we provide.
- Please arrive
toyour appointment on time and be mindful of the appointment following yours
- Remember to drink plenty of water before and after your session, it is important to stay hydrated.
- We recommend removing any makeup and oils/perfume/lotion before entering the Sauna.
- How you sweat is up to you, Bring comfortable loose clothing or a bathing suit.
- Please maintain “indoor volume” speaking voices when visiting Sophia Collective.
- For your own health and protection please refrain from bringing disposable plastic water bottles into the sauna.
- Please be mindful of where you place your jewelry and valuable when visiting, we are not responsible for any items left behind or lost.
- If using the shower after your sauna, it is recommended to take a cold/cool rinse off shower without the use of soap or shampoos to rinse off the toxins and to close the pores.
- Place your linens in the hamper, we are happy to collect them after your session.
- We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you cancel a booked session within the 24-hour period your session may be forfeited.
INFRARED SAUNA BENEFITS
Infrared saunas promote sweating, helping the body eliminate toxins through the skin
Sauna sessions before exercise increase performance and quicken recovery
Can lower both systolic and diastolic blood pressure over time
BOOSTED IMMUNE SYSTEM
Get a jump on cold and flu season – sauna sessions increase white blood cells, lymphocytes, and neutrophils
According to studies, sauna users report less anger and depression
Infrared technology encourages development of collagen and elastin, leaving skin smoother and aiding in healing
During a sauna session the heart rate increases and blood vessels dialate, allowing oxygen to enter the cells more easily
Infrared heating has been shown to reduce muscle and joint pain
Helps the body maintain healthy cortisol levels, relax and de-stress
DECREASE IN INFLAMMATION
Regular sauna use aids in lowering inflammation and keeping the mind sharp
Read more about Infrared Sauna Therapy and its benefits through our sauna supplier’s website.